Friday, July 7, 2023

Shepard's Rest Goat & Sheep Rescue Stop # 53 pg # 15

We kind of jumped the gun on this one.  It was a bit isolated so I thought I would go see where it was and stop back later when it was open but the road didn't lend itself to turning around so I drove in and out comes Jen, the caretaker of this place.

She was very ready to come and talk to us.  Her knowledge of the animals she has there is amazing.  She knows all their names and all of them by sight!  It seems she can barely glance at one and calls its name.  I don't know enough about goats to know if they know their names.  


As you can see, goats like to be on top of things.  And they are really friendly and love being around people.


There is one lama, too.  The sheep were out in another area so we didn't see them until we were almost ready to leave and I didn't get an pictures of them.  Jen obviously loves all her animals.  One more item of interest here is a very old barn.  It has been modified for various purposes over the years but it was originally built without any nails or bolts.  The exterior is the only area with metal fasteners.  The hinges on the hayloft door are cast iron.  I've never seen those before.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powerhouse Social & Suites - Scottsbluff     This has a certain elegance to it.  I think it's the building and how it has been des...