Friday, April 14, 2023

 


Hello Everyone,

Welcome to our new blog covering the Nebraska Passport.  Blogging is a new adventure for my wife and I, and we’re looking forward to describing our travels with you.  We have been Nebraska Passport participants the last two years and really loved going to places we otherwise may never have seen.  Case in point—Car Henge.  I used to be a bit of a car guy and I always had a negative image of Car Henge.  You know, taking cars and defiling them trying to recreate a feeling someone had after seeing the real Stone Henge.  Well, it was on the passport last year so we had to go there to complete all 70 stops.  I was overwhelmed by the artistic quality and impression it left me with.  Plus, other people had installed additional pieces on display that were unexpected and fun.  I bet we spent 30 minutes walking around.

So, I learned a lesson and from now on we approach every stop with anticipation.  In this blog we intend to provide photos, maybe some information and what we liked about each stop.  This is not a review and we won’t include negative or critical comments.  The Nebraska Passport has been a LOT of fun driving around the state.  I have talked to many people from here and other states about this.  One guy from Texas was really taken in by it and wished his state would do this.  If we take in a dozen or so stops in one weekend, instead of combining them into one giant post, we’ll only include one or two each time.  In this fashion we hope to have a consistent series going over the whole 5 months.

I expect this year’s stops will be fun, entertaining, and enlightening, just as the last two years have been.  We hope others will enjoy the Nebraska Passport as much as we have.

Safe Travels, Everyone,

Frank and Cindy Vrba

2 comments:

The Archway - Kearney   This is such an impressive structure, especially when seen in the distance as you approach.  The interchange on I-8...