Monday, August 7, 2023

Niobrara Valley Vineyards Stop # 41 pg # 34

Niobrara Valley Vineyards is a vineyard located in the picturesque Sandhills.  I really love the Sandhills and I also like wine so I was really excited to check it out.  Their history is really interesting.  They started with a passion to become self-sustaining with a small ranch in the Nebraska Sandhills. The first vines were planted in 2002.  The popularity of their wines led to several expansion projects.


This is the tasting room with several tables and stools at the bar.

They are currently constructing a new tasting room and event center, an RV Park with 10 hook-ups, and a mile long walking pathway that winds through the vineyard to the RV park and up to the new tasting room and event center.  The current room has been in service since 2014 at this location but will be moving by the end of the year.  We were the first ones here on this day and Jennie took very good care of us.

Take note of all the award winning bottles behind Jennie.  Of course, I did wine tastings while we were there and they were all delicious.  I like the sweeter wines, but I did taste a very good semi-dry wine.  I definitely hope to go back. 

Jennie stamped our Passports and then a rush of people came in.  She got very busy very quickly.  


Every table plus the bar had customers.  I'm talking to some folks from Lincoln and several of the folks there were very interested in the Nebraska Passport.  It's already a very popular tourism program in the state but I think we might have gotten a couple more for next year.  We visited every single table and those at the bar.  We were there about half an hour longer than we expected but it was fun talking to all the people there.

You can go to their website to see the full history of the winery, www.nvv-ne.com, and see the kind of wines they have, but I highly recommend that you check the winery out in person if you get a chance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Archway - Kearney   This is such an impressive structure, especially when seen in the distance as you approach.  The interchange on I-8...