Saturday, September 14, 2024

Feather River Vineyard - North Platte 


The vineyard is located in a beautiful scenic area south of North Platte.  It's a few miles off any main roads but it is an easy drive getting there.  



The winery was built in 2006 and includes a tasting room with a veranda, production area, lab and offices.  We came here last year for the Wine Passport and really liked it so we were excited to come back.



The tasting room is small but has a lot of  displays showing their success over the years.  Notice all the awards.  We were greeted by a very knowledgeable and friendly person who gave us more information about the winery and wines.  


While I was tasting the wines, Frank was watching a person pressing some grapes with a special tool.  That was really neat to see.  I was ready to buy all six wines I tasted but Frank said only one bottle.  (I did already have about 10 bottles at home.)  So I settled on a 2020 Stretto Red Wine.  Last year I bought a bottle of Edelweiss which was also very good.  If you want to see how grapes are processed, early fall is the time to go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powerhouse Social & Suites - Scottsbluff     This has a certain elegance to it.  I think it's the building and how it has been des...