Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Hangar 39 - Potter 

This is the fourth year with the Nebraska Passport and I think we've been to Potter every year.  This year Potter also has one of the 15 favorites, which I will cover in a separate section. 


Again, just like the Beans & Steam Coffeehouse in Sydney, our friends like this business, too.  So, we were actually here before this. Because we get introduced to all these fun and unique places by friends or the Passport, they have become normal stops for us when traveling through.  I'm not an Interstate fan because I like seeing the small towns and what they have going on.  Unless I have to hurry somewhere.

We were amazed as soon as we walked in on how it's decorated.  A lot of pipes went into this contraption below.  This tap house is located in a historic Conoco Station in Potter, NE.  We walked into the building and were greeted by a very friendly person behind the counter.

The owner told us that the bar is the original car lift from the 1930's.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a good photo of it.  We sat at the bar and visited with her for a while.  I often marvel at the extent of decorating that so many places do.  Growing up, it seemed that most places were always content to be relatively clean but to be modern and attractive for their respective generations, that was just not very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powerhouse Social & Suites - Scottsbluff     This has a certain elegance to it.  I think it's the building and how it has been des...