Thursday, September 12, 2024

Johnson Lake SRA - Elwood 



Johnson Lake is a very nice area that has recovered very well from a few years ago when the water level was so low I was reading a lot about how devastating it was for the local economy.  As you can see, it's full now and everything is back to normal.  We've actually stopped here several times over the last few years.  Not to use any of the resources here, only for me.  

I have a special place in my memory of Johnson Lake.  When I was very young and we were going west on vacation, mom used to fry chicken before we left home and we'd stop and have a picnic lunch here.  I always loved traveling and when we came here, I knew I would be seeing the mountains soon.  Mountains have always had a special place in my emotions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powerhouse Social & Suites - Scottsbluff     This has a certain elegance to it.  I think it's the building and how it has been des...